The Scheduling Coordinator will schedule trips utilizing our computer software with the goal of maximizing overall efficiency. The Scheduling Coordinator will work with customers, our management team, and third party schedulers to meet client expectations for punctuality and customer service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform all scheduling activities with the goal of maximized efficiency.
• Build and maintain routes on a daily basis.
• Overall efficiency will be measured using factors including number of trips per day, number of vans used, amount
of driver down time, driver hours, and mileage, etc.
• Update Operations team on daily scheduling factors.
• Assign daily subcontractor trips.
· Assisting Vendor Management
• Compile invoices and email to vendors.
• Maintain records of vendor contact information and updates in database.
• Communicate daily with subcontractors on next day trips requests, changes, and other issues.
• Assist in recruiting and locating new subcontractors.
• Verification of current and new subcontractors to ensure they meet requirements to transport our clients.
· Communicate with immediate supervisor and management verbally and in writing on a daily basis.
· Communicate with customers, drivers, and office personnel in a professional manner.
· Regular attendance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements: The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED is required. Prefer Dispatcher/Logistics experience and Customer Service experience.
- Mathematical - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Language – Ability to read work-related documents and write trip information. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Equipment – Ability to use a telephone, pen/pencil, calculator, copy/fax machine, computer, and other general office equipment. Also need the ability to learn/utilize RouteMatch computer program to maximize scheduling efficiency and generate appropriate reports.
- Other Skills – Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to meet deadlines. Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Hours – Position will be full time and may require some overtime. The hours of work will generally be on first shift, however, may also include some work into second shift. A meal break will be required everyday. Any deviation from this schedule, including overtime, must have prior approval from management.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, crouch, talk, hear and speak to others in person, via two-way radio, and by telephone. The employee is required to walk, and use hands to write, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, near vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PROVIDE A RIDE is an EEO employer.