|Title:||Driver - Cuyahoga County|
DRIVERS WANTED IMMEDIATELY! All Shifts Available / Full & Part Time
If you have a valid Driver’s License with 2 points or less, we will train you to operate our vehicles!
The rate of pay begins at $10.00 per hour.
- At least 23 years old
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with a clean driving record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Drug Screen and will be part of our random drug program
- Physical Exam
- Criminal Background Check
- Must be able to work around service animals
- Paid Training, Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Free Uniforms
Ensures the safe and timely transport of customers while providing a comfortable service from the origin of the trip until reaching their final destination. (Wheelchair Van Drivers drive a wheelchair accessible vehicle transporting clients who utilize a wheelchair.) Act as a representative of the company while on duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide door-through-door pick-up and drop-off for all customers.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner; create a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assist customers in the van, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in a car seat.
- Transport customers to and from previously scheduled locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Map out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determine the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Log in every trip assigned by Dispatch throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Keep Dispatch updated on status throughout the day while transporting customers and/or while waiting for next assignment.
- Inspect vehicle for any damage, ensure all the required equipment is in the vehicle, and make certain that the gas tank is full before leaving the base at the beginning of the workday. (Vehicle pre-trip inspection.)
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and report mechanical concerns to management.
- Become familiar with and follows Drivers’ Policies and Procedures from Handbook. Comply with State of Ohio traffic laws.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will transport clients in a wheelchair up or down ramps; ensure client's wheelchair has been safely tied down and secured.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to secure a diverse range of wheelchairs including large, electric and scooter style mobility devises.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to multi-load and secure multiple wheelchair clients in a vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Provide A Ride is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.