WHEELCHAIR VAN DRIVERS WANTED IMMEDIATELY - Vehicles will be Home Based
Provide A Ride is a premier provider of passenger transportation services. We have more than 28 years of experience in the transportation field and work 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Our fleet includes wheelchair vans, passenger vans, and shuttle buses. We operate non-emergency programs under contracts with governmental agencies, healthcare providers, ADA Paratransit programs, social service agencies, school routes and more.
If you have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record, we will train you to operate our vehicles! (No CDL required.)
MUST reside WITHIN Portage County to be considered for this position!!
Candidates with incomplete applications will not be considered.
- At least 23 years old
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Drug Screen and will be part of our random drug program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Physical Exam
- Criminal Background Check
- Paid Training
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Passenger Van Driver
Ensures the safe and timely transport of customers while providing a comfortable service from the origin of the trip until reaching their final destination. Acts as a representative of the company while on duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides door-through-door pick-up and drop-off of all customers.
- Greets customers in a friendly and professional manner; creates a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assists customers into the van, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in the car seat.
- Transports customers to and from previously scheduled locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Maps out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determines the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Logs in every trip assigned by dispatch throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Keeps dispatch updated on status throughout the day while transporting customers and/or while waiting for next assignment.
- Inspects vehicle for any damage, ensures all the required equipment is in the vehicle, and makes certain that the gas tank is full before leaving base at the beginning of the work day.
- Maintains cleanliness of company vehicles and reports mechanical concerns to management.
- Becomes familiar with and follows drivers’ policies and procedures. Complies with State of Ohio traffic laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED is required; Over five years of experience driving a private or commercial vehicle preferred.
- Certifications - Valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Mathematical - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Language - Ability to read work-related documents and write trip information. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate in an understandable and professional manner.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Equipment - Ability to use a Nextel, GPS unit, telephone, and calculator.
- Other Skills - Ability to operate at the pace of the business in order to meet deadlines. Ability to plan and prioritize. Ability to remain calm and patient when dealing with difficult customers.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clear and informative statements; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and fairly upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials correctly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.